St. Paul Lutheran School offers a robust, engaging and result-oriented social studies program. In the elementary grades, the students learn about the world around them in ways that make them excited to learn every day. Teachers provide activities that capture their imagination and help them remember key content.
The middle school experience includes a wide range of topics within the realm of social studies. In sixth grade, our focus is world geography. Students learn about culture, diversity and world events throughout the seven continents. The seventh grade year focuses on civics and the day-to-day challenges of our local and national governments. During the eighth grade year the students explore American history, from the arrival of the colonists to modern times. A wide variety of engaging activities encourage students to explore and understand the world around them.
- Map skills
- United States and Canada
- Russia, Chernobyl Nuclear Accident
- Africa past and present
- South America, spatial inequality
- Foundational Documents/Articles of Confederation
- The Constitution
- Three Branches of Government
- America before colonization
- Thirteen Colonies
- Declaration Of Independence/American Revolution
- Westward Expansion/Manifest Destiny
- Civil War
- U.S. Presidents