The mission of our Early Childhood Program at St. Paul Lutheran Church and School is to provide a caring and nurturing Christ-centered environment where children can develop the spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and academic skills that will help them reach their full potential. This focus on the whole child provides children with the foundation they need to be successful throughout their schooling and later in life.
What makes St. Paul a special place for young children to learn and grow?
- Our teachers are dedicated to partnering with families to ensure that each child has a positive educational experience.
- We begin each school year with a Home Visit to begin building the relationships between the child, the family, and the teacher.
- Our students participate in hands-on, interactive activities across the curriculum; including religion, language arts, math, science, and social studies.
- We are a play based program, because we believe that so much learning takes place when children are engaged in play – both teacher directed and child initiated.
- Our teachers understand the stages of child development, and they use that information to guide their instruction.
- Our children learn through stories, songs, games, arts and crafts, and science investigations.
- We provide a balanced schedule – there is time for play, whole group instruction, small group instruction, and individualized interaction.
- We offer low teacher-student ratios in our classrooms.
At St. Paul we are committed to providing a quality program where children are actively engaged in the learning process.