What makes Kindergarten at St.Paul an exciting place to learn and grow?
St. Paul is a loving, family friendly school with a Christ-centered atmosphere, and Kindergarten is an amazing year for growth and learning in all areas of development; including spiritual, social, emotional, academic, and physical.
- Our teachers use a variety of teaching methods to reach children of all learning styles.
- We try to meet the children where they are at, offering support when a child is struggling and challenging those who are ready.
- Our Superkids Reading Curriculum introduces the children to fun characters, while building foundational early literacy skills.
- Our math curriculum uses hands-on activities to introduce concepts including one to one correspondence, greater than and less than, sorting, addition and subtraction, counting to 100, identifying 2- and 3- dimensional shapes, measuring, and comparing height and weight.
- The children participate in interactive science experiments to explore topics such as motion and the forces that make things move, investigating and observing plants and animals, and studying weather and the sky.
- In social studies, the children learn about history through holidays including Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Presidents’ Day.
- The children enjoy special classes including art, Spanish, computer, music, and physical education, expanding on individual student’s gifts and talents.
- We do not mold your child into our curriculum, but we mold our curriculum to your child.
- The schedule allows the children to participate in learning centers; including dramatic play, building, math, science, etc.
- Our students have the opportunity to build their large motor skills, cooperative play, and problem solving during two scheduled recess times.
We allow our students to be children, while creating a safe and independent environment for them to grow.
We would love to have the opportunity to tell you more about this exciting program.